CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Family

As you all know, my parents are divorced. They separated when I was in 8th grade, and their divorced was finalized when I graduated high school. It has been a while, so you think that they could put the past behind them and GROW UP right? No.....
Last night Millennial Falls, the place where Joe and I are getting married, had an open house. They had samples of all the food you could get, the desserts, it was fun. You could look around and check the place out. It was fun for the most part. Out parents met each other, which went smoothly. Luckily Joe's parents are still happily married to each other. They all like each other and got along great.
Now my parents on the other hand........ I have no idea what I am going to do for the wedding. They would not even talk to each other. My mom had her new boyfriend, Steve come, and Dad brought Tonya of course. Then my sweet mother had her mom and sister some. So it was Me, Joe, his parents, my parents, Tonya, Steve, Grandma, and my aunt Sherri. I didn't mind that everyone came, but my parents did not even talk to each other! They didn't look at each other, no communication at ALL! The whole night I had this huge case of anxiety that something would go wrong. Nothing went wrong but i wanted them to at least say hi to each other, it was nerve wracking.
I just want them to get along. I'm not saying be best friends, I just want them to be rational together. One time at one of Brit's and my dance competitions they actually said hi to each other. I thought things were getting better...... but no. They have not talked since.
I'm crossing my fingers that my wedding will be great and they will get along and be happy together and talk with one another.
I have like 8 months, but I have a lot of work to do to get those two to get along and BEHAVE!!

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I'm sorry we weren't there Miah could have lightened the mood. I wish I knew how to help you with the whole crazy situation, but I don't. But I am there for YOU and Joe 100%, and we will be there for whatever you need! Love you guys!

Annie said...

i've been waiting for the update!!! atleast they weren't uncivil to each other! baby steps, in years i guess!!! i'm so excited for the wedding!!!