CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

1 Year Old...

I can't believe it has been one year, it just seems like last week that Hayden came into our lives. What a year this has been. I can still remember the first time I saw him, he was so beautiful. He was born at 2:13 a.m. on March 25, 2010. 6 lbs 4 oz, big brown eyes, lots of curly black hair.









I sometimes wonder what it would be like if Britney had not decided to give him up. Would she be in school? Would she still work at Serenity, would she have the same life she has now? We all know she made the right decision and he has such a great life with his parents, they are wonderful people, I can't even say it enough. The 2 days we had with him in the beginning were so great to have, but my mind still wanders back to the 'what if' of things.


I am still so proud of my sister for doing what she did. She could have kept him and raised him herself, she had lots of support around her, but she knew that he needed something else. She gave a miracle to a very deserving family, whom I think are the best parents ever to Hayden. Britney may not be a Mom to Hayden, but he will know who she is and he will know how much she loves him. I will never forget what they said to her when she handed him over to them, they said, "Britney, you are Hayden's Angel Mommy."


Hayden has a cousin who shares a birthday with him, so they decided to share a party as well. It was Jungle Jim's, his cousin is 4 (I think). Hayden was so funny opening his presents, of course Erin and Jordan helped him. He was so into the wrapping paper he didn't care what was under it. he would rip it up and throw it wherever he could. But he did love all his presents when they were opened.


Hayden's aunt makes amazing cakes! She made a jungle cake with all the jungle animals on it, and she made a little hippo cake just for Hayden to eat. He went crazy! At first he was a little cautious, but he totally got into it and ended up throwing cake on everyone in a sugar craze, it was so cute to watch.


He is almost able to walk by himself now, Jordan said that he has taken a few steps on his own, he can walk with toys and along the wall and stuff.. they will be super busy by the time he starts walking! That boy was into everything at the party and he was just crawling around.


I loved seeing all of Hayden's family and being a part of the party, they are all such nice people. And the best part... my parents were in the room together!! It was a great time, we always love being able to see Jordan, Erin and Hayden.


It will be a fun year with Hayden starting to get older, he has the cutest little personality and will definitely be a heart breaker when he gets older :)


2 comments:

erin said...

Randi-

this made me cry the nice things you wrote. Thank you so much. I'm so glad you are a part of our lives. You guys are the best. We love you so much.

Bethanie said...

He is adorable!!!