CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 7: Have you ever thought about giving up on life?

There have been plenty of times where I have given up on things.. jobs, projects, food, relationships, etc. But there is one thing that I will NEVER give up on: LIFE. There are lots of times when I get stressed and worked up over something and I just think 'I give up!' Life can get hard sometimes, but you can never just give up, you don't get anywhere in life just 'giving up'.

There is only one time in my life where I actually thought I couldn't handle anything anymore, 2003. It was the worst year of my life. The year my parents divorced, my dad moved out and we had to handle going back and forth, deciding who to live with (I know it doesn't seem like much but to a 15 year old, its pretty tough), meeting new boyfriends and new girlfriends, it was just a lot. I went to my Aunt Wendy for advice all the time, we spent plenty of time over at Doug's playing with Ethan and hanging out with Wendy, going to Smith's 12 times in one weekend with Doug. November that year was when Wendy died. My whole life and family fell apart that year. That was my breaking point. I just thought 'I'm done, I can't handle it anymore.' That when when I really gave up on life. What was the point when there were so many negative things happening and nothing was going right?

We all have ups and downs and we just have to remember that we all have great people in our lives to fall back on and help us out with our problems. Nothing is worth quitting, ever. You will get through your problems, you just have to put in a little effort.

0 comments: